Craigslist Posting Tips
1. DO NOT USE an auto poster, CL WILL notice and shut your account down immediately. Most auto posters that we have ran into in the past work pretty much the same and CL is very strict about their anti-spam policies. When a new CL auto poster comes out, its good for two weeks, then CL catches on and everyone that uses or buys them after that is wasting valuable time and their money.
2. Build a list of different types of ads. Compile a collection of various text and image ads that we have available or you can use your own. Make sure that if you are posting in the same city daily that you rotate the ads everyday. For example: If you put up an image ad on Monday, you are going to want to put up a text ad on Tuesday. The reason behind this is when you go to renew your ads you do not want them all to be stacked on top of each other. If CL suspects that those 4 ads that are all in a row are coming from one poster they delete them all and you will have to start from scratch.
3. Pace your ad postings, if you post to fast there is a good chance you will get ghosted. In earlier training we recommended that you post no more than 2-3 ads per CL account but through recent tests we have discovered that it is possible to post up to 5 ads per day per account. In order to do this you should pace your ads by posting 2-3 classified ads in the AM and 2-3 in the PM.
4. Don’t be greedy. Our niche of business only hits big in certain sections of CL. Don’t waste your time or risk having your account permanently ghosted because you’re posting in sections that are not even remotely related to our form of business. There are multiple sections on CL that our target market rarely visits so always look where you’re posting. Also, if you see that there hasn’t been an ad placed in a certain section for a week or more, it’s probably not getting any traffic so do not waste your time there either. The main reason people get flagged for spamming is because they are usually posting their ads in areas they do not belong and stick out like a sore thumb.
5. The title of the ad is just as important as the ad body. Make sure you make the title interesting and eye catching, you’ll get a better response. Don’t not use all caps, add characters like *** or //, something to really make your classified ad stand out but try not to be obnoxious.
6. Image ads are your friend. People tend to click on ad titles that they wouldn’t have clicked because beside the title it tells them there is an image inside. Take a look at our image ads or you can create and use your own. If you decide to create your own make sure you are creative and try to think outside the box.
7. Be careful with posting your link to your capture page on CL. Recently we have discovered that capture page and affiliate links are ghosted quickly in most cities on CL. If you want to use your links you should be safe and purchase a few domain names from GoDaddy and forward and mask the domain to your capture page. We recommend buying upward to 3 or 4 unique domain names and rotate them when you are posting links in your ads.
8.Timing is Crucial. CL has it’s hot times and it also has it’s cold times. The specific time that you post your ads is directly related to how much traffic your Instant Money Network capture page will receive. The busiest times in regards to traffic for CL are early in the morning around 6am-8am(mostly unemployed people searching for work) or after rush hour around 5-8pm(people getting home from work and a lot of them are looking for a new job!). If you post too early, you’ll be pushed to the second page by the time the rush comes, post to late and well, you will miss the rush.
9. A vacation responder + CL can make for a very effective automatic marketing system. Gmail has a decent vacation responder that is available for FREE. You can set up an away message with an Instant Money Network welcome email that routes people to your capture page and start throwing your ads out on CL. Please note that you can only do it a couple times before the CL community starts flagging you like crazy. So try to use this marketing method sparingly or make the vacation responses sound as natural as possible.
10. The classified are not the only place to generate traffic from CL. There are also forums on CL on different subjects that are actually heavily traficked. If you work your way in there using basic forum marketing and start dropping your link, you’ll definitely get a lot of traffic. But like every other forum on the interenet you will have to make yourself known and add something valuable to the discussions first. Some of you might not have time for this marketing method but you can easily outsource this task for pennies on the dollar.